Sunday, July 11, 2010

GSoC 2010 Melange Testing Project: Week 7 of the Coding Period

Last week, I found that Python coverage does not track the properties definition of Melange models which makes the coverage of models still quite low. So, I first tried to exclude models from coverage report. This is done by stubbing out nose.plugins.cover.Coverage.wantModuleCoverage with a method which offers the option to skip packages for testing coverage report through pymox stubout. Later, however, I remembered that coverage should be able to track class variables and module variables. I reckoned that the problem may be that these Melange models have been loaded before the coverage starts tracking. So, I further used pymox stubout to stub out nose.plugins.cover.Coverage.begin so that it loads Melange after the testing coverage starts. It works! All the class variables and module variables of Melange models, logic and views can be tracked by coverage and the code coverage now is over 50%.

Then I further worked on various views, e.g. sponsor, program, student, organization, etc and aim to increase the overall code coverage to over 60% next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment