Friday, July 16, 2010

GSoC 2010 Data Seeder - Client-side HTML rendering

I have been much more busy than usual lately and it's very clear that this has affected my time spent developing for Melange. I'm pretty much behind schedule right now and I'll have to try a lot harder in the future to make up for the lost time.

I have been facing some problems choosing a right JavaScript templating engine for rendering HTML. The solution that I was going to adopt was actually a jQuery plugin, but had some problems rendering some templates causing an infinite loop in the browser. Failing to find a proper solution for quite some time, I have decided to switch to pure. I was preferring tempest at first because it was using the Django templating format, but now I see the benefits that the pure separation between templates, directive and data offers (a directive is a structure that binds data to the templates).

The switch to pure is now complete and you can check it out at http://sttwister-melange.appspot.com/seeder/home

There's support for seeding models and defining providers for all properties. There's limited support for references at this time, only being able to bind a model to another random model.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment