Saturday, July 10, 2010

Week 7: Social Features Project

This week I worked on Calendars feature. I created data models for events to store event entities as they are created as well as simultaneously created event entities on the selected Google Calendar. Also I created a template to view all the Calendars(program as well as org using a drop down box to select).

I am currently working on the program_host "activating" calendars for all organizations once the accepted organizations are announced.Org_admins will in turn choose to "activate" their respective calendars after which their user ids will be added to their org calendar with "owner" rights. I am hoping to have a working version of this feature by the end of the weekend.

In the next week:
  • finish rest of Calendars feature (requests to add events)
  • Testing and revising of User Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Document Editor: Week 6

Last week I was implementing views to support revision management.

First of all there is a view that renders document revision with the given number. For example, if you want to view second revision of the "user/parser/test1" document, you should visit Permissions and range control now work properly.

The second goal was to implement revision management view. It is not finished yet. You can get list of all the revisions for current document via the "revisions" link. For example, all revisions for "user/parser/test1" can be viewed here

This view is a draft. I need to make several fixes, add buttons, checkboxes and behavior. It was pretty hard for me to get a grip of the new lists in Melange. But Sverre and Mario helped me and I hope to finish this view in a day or two.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

GSoC 2010 Melange Testing Project: Week 6 of the Coding Period

In this week, I first tried to add test coverage to Melange models, i.e. did model tests. However, I found that Python coverage does not track the properties definition of models which makes the coverage of models still quite low. When I discussed with Sverre, he suggested me to exclude models in the coverage report and start to test other modules with lowest coverage. After rechecking the coverage report, I decided to do view tests for sponsor, org, org_admin, mentors, student and so on.

Then my hard drive was corrupt:(. Fortunately, I have the online clone on Google servers, so I have not lost much work. It just took me some time to reinstall the operating system and resetup the environments. Due to the problem, I have only finished most parts of the sponsor view tests and some parts of org and student tests. Next week, I will definitely work harder to catch up.