Monday, August 8, 2011

GSoC 2011 Melange Testing Project: CP W11

Hi,

I worked I tested gsoc.views.duplicates module. I have not submitted my tests which I wrote for org_profile, profile_show and student_forms for review as there is a need of some access checks to be defined new for the respective module in the codebase. I was rechecking my tests for org_profile and I felt that the timeline should also be checked if a program is active or not. I put this in the mailing list and Lennard suggested that isProgramActive be renamed to isProgramVisible and a new method isProgramRunning be introduced. Those pages which remain active after gsoc can include isProgramVisible in their access checks and which are current program specific can include isProgramRunning. I submitted the patch for the access checks and Lennard and Sverre reviewed them. I will be accommodating the changes soon.
    
There was also a problem with our coverage module which is outdated and so it does not work with the latest Nose 1.1.2. I reported the issue with Nose and they suggested that we use coverage > 3.0. Leo tried including it in the buildout dependencies so that the coverage module is always the latest but it too did not work. Just replacing the old coverage module with the latest coverage modules works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment