Sunday, August 7, 2011

GSoC 2011 GUI Overhaul: More Handlers for PA

Hi everyone,

GSoC is near to the final evaluation and I in a run to catch all my TODO. Last week, I wrote some handlers for PA to manage account and assign a user to be a host. PA can assign programs to be hosted by particular user in edit user page. Here's how it looks:



The code is somewhat similar to assign_mentors.py and project_details.py. To set a user as a host, PA needs:

  1. Given an account to be set as a host, go to the Lookup page in the admin dashboard.
  2. If the account is found then click the "Edit user" link
  3. In the edit user form, there's a box at the bottom (see picture above) that contains program selection. To set multiple programs to be hosted by the user, click "Add new" link. If done with the selection, click the "SET AS A HOST" button

Actually there's some features that I've in mind such as add / edit sponsor, programs list that contains list of program name and its hosts as cols, page to view readonly program that in inactive state, and of course the page to create new program. I'll hold thus things for a moment because the dashboard is still being refactored and I promised to finish it by Aug 6th. I am late two days here.

No comments:

Post a Comment