Wednesday, August 17, 2011

GSoC 2011 GUI Overhaul: Generic Iconic Dashboard

Hi everyone,

This week I need to post remaining patches, especially the generic iconic dashboard. I just posted early so I can have much time iterating the review process and hopefully got the patches submitted this week. The generic dashboard class is now placed in app/soc/views/dashboard.py. It contains the underlying view base for iconic dashboard. Every nested-iconic-dashboard should be inherited from Dashboard class. You can take a loot at admin.py, dashboard.py and org_admin_dashboard.py views to get the idea how to use Dashboard class. Now all related base dashboard templates were placed in v2/soc/dashboard directory. It contains the base.html and _user_action.html. All stylesheet rules should be defined inside v2/gsoc/dashboard.css.

There were changes on the melange.list and melange.dependency JS after refactoring the dashboard. The changes were to hold the lists to be queued and executed when the lists were rendered inside the dashboard. After applying the changes, I run the test and it broke in the test_admin.py. I figure out the case immediately, should be the assertTemplate. Yeah, there were some templates removed and added. After fixing the test, I post all the patches and ping Daniel. I hope I can run fast for the review process ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment