Sunday, July 17, 2011

GSoC 2011 GUI Overhaul: Things that I've been working on last week

Hi everyone,

As we already knew, mid term evaluation already passed. I contacted my mentor, Daniel, about the result of my mid term evaluation. Daniel told me to focus on the remaining works that need to be done. If you're following my discussion on the mailing list, there are obviously requested features in accordance with my project scope. Here's the list of thins I've been working on from the last week :
  • Account management. Sverre posted on mailing list about the problem he encountered by manually modify accounts using stats.py. Sverre gave some possible use cases:
    1. People have their profile migrated, their email address stays the
      same but their user_id changes, the User.user_id property needs to be
      set to None.
    2. People have a @gmail.com or @googlemail.com address attached to
      their @some.domain.com address, and their User.account needs to be set
      to the new address.
    3. Lennie added his suggestion for ban user feature.
  • Regular dashboard using iconic information. Daniel said to me give a shot for iconic dashboard for regular users (students and mentors). This means there will be two options to vote later, toggleable list and iconic dashboard. Toggleable list has been reviewed by Mario and I've made some adjustments (not posted yet).
  • Leo gave some review on my test for withdraw projects view. I need to fix the test.
  • Lennie asked me to make the evaluation links 3 level deep. I've sent the patch, no response yet.
  • Participant locations statistic.
I will post the patch for the above features on Monday, or lately Tuesday. After that there will be one week to review all the patches before going to be pushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment