Sunday, July 17, 2011

GSoC 2011 Melange Testing Project: CP W8 Mid-term

Hi,
I have completed the logic tests and the task for post mid-term period is to write the tests for all the gsoc.views modules. Leo and I had a discussion after the last conference call and we decided to prioritise which modules should be tested first. A survey of the modules which have tests and which needs to be tested can be found at [0]. Accordingly, I have to first test gsoc.views and gsoc.tasks and then go on to write the functional tests. I am presently working on gsoc.views.student_forms and stopped working on soc.views.helper.access_checker.
I have no experience with Django and I spent some time studying the basics and  then asked Madhu some doubts that I had got while studying the view's code. I will develop pace as I get experience with the views.
    This week was also assigned for mid-term evaluations and Leo has passed me :). My classes are starting from 20th July and I need to manage both gsoc and classes. The last two days went in travelling to the university and the next two days will go in registration and shifting to the new hostel room.

[0] https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuENNrqFbxWEdDJMclZySzFUalpsUTd6bzNJTjJGVlE&hl=en_US#gid=0

No comments:

Post a Comment