Monday, June 29, 2009

GSoC 2009:GHOP - Fifth Week Status update!

Hello everyone,
It has been more than a month since the coding season started, quite a bit of progress is expected at least by now :). Hopefully I have made enough progress except for those few days lost in the schedule. Last week seems like the most productive week for me till now from the day coding season started.

I have been able to add the following features: Org Admins can now create tasks, Mentors too can create tasks. Org Admins can publish their own tasks and they can approve the tasks created by mentors. Also they can approve and publish the tasks created by mentors in one go. I am right now working bulk approve and publishing of tasks by Org Admins, which should be over by today. (Note of deletion of tasks is not enabled yet for Org Admins or Mentors, will work on it this week if time permits, if not I will postpone it to post mid-term since getting the core functionality done has been the priority for now :) ).

I will be pushing the code to my demo instance http://melange-madhusudancs.appspot.com and will be pushing all the patches to my patch queue at http://bitbucket.org/madhusudancs/melange-mq/ by tomorrow. Also those who test the demo instances please feel free to report issues/bugs in the issue tracker of my patch queue at bitbucket, http://bitbucket.org/madhusudancs/melange-mq/issues/ . Also I request you all to help me test tasks creation and editing by Org Admins and Mentors.

This week I will mostly concentrate on integrating taggable-mixin with tasks for tags. It has been pending from a long time now, I cannot delay it any further. Along with taggable-mixin I will be working on student side of Tasks work, Claim tasks, Withdraw claim among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment