Thursday, June 25, 2009

GSoC 2009: GHOP - Fourth Week Status update!

Hello everyone,
It has been a long time since I ever gave an update about my project. Here it is. After I came back from exams, I have been able to get Task Quota Assignments to working state. I have created sub classes of Org Admins and Mentors and one can now create them.

For creating Org Admins and Mentors some small changes in URL patterns for mentor and org_admin views modules were needed, they have been done. Also a new access check method has been defined for the same. I am now working on creating tasks by org admins and mentors.

I have updated my demo instance at, http://melange-madhusudancs.appspot.com. You can try creating a New GHOP Program, GHOP Organizations for the program, You can create GHOP Org Admins and GHOP Mentors. However if you want to test assigning task quota limits, for now, you need to use the admin interface of the app engine, edit the GHOPOrganization entity to have status as "active". This is a temporary work around and will be fixed soon. If you want developer access on this instance, please feel free to ping me.

Creation of tasks by org admins is possible now, but this code has not been updated on the demo instance, since I still need to write code on how history of tasks gets updated upon editing the task.

So my work for the upcoming week is to make it possible for org admins and mentors to create tasks, edit them (and history gets updated automagically :P on each edit). If time permits I will start working on Student side of the tasks, like viewing tasks, claiming them, logic to restrict student to claim, max simultaneous tasks set in program configuration among other things.

Last but not the least, I have updated my code into the patch queue of the bitbucket repository at: http://bitbucket.org/madhusudancs/melange-mq/ Please take a look at it if you are interested.

Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment