Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Shipment Tracking and Proposal Sync

Last week I worked on making the shipment tracking work on a live instance. I deployed the working instance to appspot and I faced the same problems that I faced locally. The syncing did not work because of the missing program key. I am sure that a program is seeded because I use seed_db to seed the datastore. I select the program GSoC 2009 in /site/edit too if its available and sometimes the programs doesn’t even appear in /site/edit after multiple seeding too. I spent quite a lot time trying to figure out where the problem is but in vain. At last, I approached Madhu for help but we could not fix up any meeting as it was quite a busy week for him.
    Finally, I decided to work on proposal syncing and attack shipment tracking when Madhu is available. I spent most of my time studying how proposal syncing works and reading the relevant django docs for forms processing etc. First I tried to see if proposal syncing feature worked. When I visited the proposal submission page, I got an AttributeError in gsoc.views.proposal.ProposalPage stating that response_helper had no attribute useGDataJS. So, I just commented that line to see if there are no crashes. Proposal submission page loaded fine but “Sync With Google Documents” was disabled in the page. I could not find useGDataJS helper function in any of the patches given by Orcun. I guess I have to contact Orcun to know more about this function or figure it out myself. This pretty much sums up my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment