Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Shipment Tracking and Data Syncing

Hi,

This week I spent time working on Syncing of shipment tracking data, available on admin dashboard with student shipment list which is available on student dashboard.  First I sorted out the consumer key and consumer key secret problem which were set to none, by creating an API access key for http://localhost:8080/ and then supplied them in respective fields in http://localhost:8080/site/edit page.  

And the whole week had been a great experience for learning by mistakes. I pushed a wrong commit “Change date format” in gsoc/views/trackings shipmenttracking branch and happened to mix up the commit messages of two patches “Change date format” and “Change worksheet id”  ‘.’ I learnt these situations can be avoided with extra carefulness  while pushing the branch to remote origin.

I also thought of changing the column names in soc.modules.gsoc.tasks.trackings and not to hardcore the worksheet id in spreadsheet link. A discussion with Madhu made me clear that since Google provides us data in the particular format and the code is written according to that so I need not think about that. So the shipment tracking and sync part has been integrated successfully to melange and this week I’ll be working on Proposal Sync and hoping that I’ll make it work by this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment