Sunday, July 10, 2011

GSoC 2011 Melange Testing Project: CP W7

Hi

The task for this week was to correct my previous tests and finish the remaining tests in soc.logic and soc.modules.gsoc.logic. I have corrected my previous tests and submitted them again for the review. I have tested all the logic functions which are used at least once in the code base. I have not tested the soc.logic.allocations, soc.logic.lists and soc.logic.helper.notifications because these are not in my priority list for now as I need more familiarity with the code base to test them correctly and efficiently. I will come back at some time in future to test them.

       I have started attempting to write the view tests. I have never written any view tests earlier and my experience with Django is 0.1, but sometimes we have to learn the hard way. I studied many of the new tests written by Sverre. Testing a view seems to be a complicated task and I did not understand many things which I had to ask Madhu. Just before writing this post, I had a discussion with Madhu and I asked him what 'Context' is, what tests_utils.StuboutHelper is for, what soc.views.helper.access_checker.Mutator is used for and a load of other topics. At the time of writing this blog post, I was testing the soc.views.helper.access_checker. It will consume more time to test because there are more than 1100 lines of code to test. After testing this, I will test the gsoc.views.helper.access_checker module.

      I have the target of completing all the view tests before the final evaluations. It will require a huge amount of effort which I am pouring in. Lets hope for the best. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment