Monday, July 4, 2011

GCI 2011 GCI with New Architecture

Hello all,

Apologies for the late blog post.This week I have started off with the url patterns for GCI and Lennard suggested that I move the common functions to the core and leave the GCI related constants in that module and I have done that.I then went onto the GCITask view but before that I had to add another method to the access_checker to check if the task is published or not but looks like, I still need to modify this method a bit to include other cases too.I still have to retrieve work submissions for the Task view and form to edit the task and to subscribe the task.And me and Madhu had a small discussion about the templates and we decided to use the gsoc templates for now and make modifications where needed and use gsoc's css and JS till we get the designs.Meanwhile my other patches have been reviewed.First I had to refactor the gsoc redirects module, as many of the redirects are moved to the core and some methods have to be overridden to set the _url_name.And I was asked to make a little change to the gsoc access_checker as it's DeveloperAccessChecker should also inherit from AccessChecker, and the same was done to the gci access_checker too.Made required changes to the other patches as mentioned.I haven't spent enough time last week, as I had to help a Professor with his coursework and I really could not avoid it, I discussed with him today and took permission till the end of August, So I will cover up this week and will spend extra time on my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment