Monday, June 20, 2011

GCI 2011 GCI with New Architecture

Hi all !

This week I have committed the GCIProfile and GCIStudentInfo models.And currently I'm working on the script to convert GCIStudent data to GCIStudentInfo and as I had some troubling understanding certain things I spent a couple of days in going through the Oreilly - Programming Google Apps Engine book.I've spoken to my mentors sometime back and got a better idea as to what to do.Instead of querying for the profile that each student entity points while creating the GCIStudentInfo entity, it can be created when the Profile for each entity is created,the parent-child relationship can be obtained easily like this.Besides this I have also written a basic RequestData object that will be created for each request in GCI and will add more properties and fields as we go ahead in the project.The patch is under review along with the script to convert roles and update references in the models.This week I haven't worked upto the mark.I will finish the conversion works and start with views at the earliest this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment