Friday, May 21, 2010

GSoC 2010 Melange Testing Project: the last week of Community Bonding - starting to code

In this week, I started to add more test cases to tests.app.soc.logic.models.base and tests.app.soc.views.models.base. I first learned the code of the corresponding code base and the existing test cases in more detail in order to understand their functions and logic. Then I tried to design some new test cases. Due to the fact that I am still not very familiar with the implementation detail of Melange and met problems when setting up the coding environment, e.g. could not get the new version of ctags to work well with Vim and Python, the process is a bit slow. However, these preparations have built a good foundation for the official coding stage, which will start next week. Hope that during that period I can code fast and leave more time to improve and clean up my code as well as do some extra work for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment