Monday, June 8, 2009

Google Summer of Code 2009: Second Week - status update!

Hi everyone,
Time for status update of the second week spanning from June 1st-7th! This week was a very productive one from my point of view. Spent most of the time, rather all of my time coding for Melange this week without any other distractions (especially University :D ). As set out in the previous week's post, I completed moving all the code from app/ghop to app/soc/modules/ghop.

The respective templates and contents of ghop also have been moved from app/ghop/templates to app/soc/templates/modules/ghop and app/ghop/content to app/soc/content/modules/ghop. A callback.py python module was added to ghop module and necessary changes have been made in app/app.yaml.template and app/settings.py.

Secondly all the logic modules corresponding to each model defined specifically for GHOP (app/soc/modules/ghop/models/*) have been defined and committed. These logics are, "do nothing special" logic modules. They just inherit from their respective super classes, but do nothing specific about GHOP yet. The GHOP specific functionality is added in the due course for the necessary logic modules.

Thirdly, as I had said, I mostly concentrated on writing views. My first view, view for GHOPProgram create/edit is almost ready for commit. There are few small changes that are need to be made. I might send the updated patch by tonight. So everything required to get the views working is in place by now. I am also working on writing the second GHOPProgram view required, i.e the task quota limit view. I realized, to define this view, we also require view for GHOPOrganization to be in place. So this is a work in progress for now. I will be completing it as soon as possible.

Unfortunately I could not complete the work GHOPProgram views this week, because of unexpected delays in moves and defining the necessary logic. Also could not take time to include taggable-mixin support in models and could not move to GHOPOrganization views.

I will work on GHOPOrganization views for most of the time this week, along with completing the GHOPProgram views, since the latter is dependent on the former. Also unfortunately, because of my bachelor degree's final semester's end sem examination, I need to break from 11th of June upto 18th of June. I will have no time to work on Melange or anything else other than performing muggathons in long stretches of time(sleepless nights) :( I will not be able to attend conference calls next week, neither will I be able to update the blog/wiki, nor I will be available in GTalk/IRC. But I am quite sure I will compensate for this loss, by slogging in the subsequent weeks to come.

See you all, 2 weeks later :(

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your bachelor degree exams Madhusudan and tty in a after 18th of June.

    Best,
    Pawel Solyga

    ReplyDelete