Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Design & Finalized GSoCConnection

I have spent this week coming up with notes on the current request and invite modules' structure (not actual logic) in order to better understand how I should go about changing the actual functionality. I have decided to keep the generic configuration methods within these modules for the time being so that I can spend most of my time working on the logic; methods like djangoURLPatterns, templatePath, and probably checkAccess will remain the same while I'm doing some basic work. Later I will likely change these to allow for a more dynamic workflow. To quote daniel, I'll try to move away from the request -> org response and invite -> user response since it's not going to matter which party initiates the connection. I believe I'll be combining this functionality into one module (most likely views/connection.py) as I progress, but for next week I'm going to keep everything in the current request/invite design and use the current UI.

This week's goal is to develop a working demo with sample connections utilizing the new GSoCConnection model I wrote last week and finalized over the weekend. We've cleaned it up and simplified the states that it can represent slightly so that there isn't any distinction between an accepted mentor invitation and an accepted mentor request; if necessary, the type of connection will be signified by the party who initiated the connection.

The only code I have for you this week is the finalized GSoCConnection model (linked above), but next week will  be more interesting once I've completed the request and invite demos.

No comments:

Post a Comment