Sunday, June 26, 2011

GCI 2011 GCI with New Architecture

Hello all !!

This week I have worked on the views after completing the conversions tasks.I first started off with RedirectHelper for constructing redirects in GCI.Each of the methods in this helper returns the RedirectHelper object after setting certain parameters like _no_url, url_name, _url, args and kwargs.The clear method clears the current internal state and urlOf method returns the resolved url for name using current internal state for args and kwargs.At this stage certain field from GSoCProgram like about_page, events_page, events_frame_url, connect_with_us_page etc are required for GCI too and hence they are moved up to soc.models.program.Program.The RequestData patch for GCI got reviewed and I am about to commit it now after making a couple of changes.
I then proceeded to the Access Checker for GCI.For this not much is needed at the moment and more methods will be added as we move on with the views.For now, I have to written a couple of methods one is access_checker.Mutator.taskFromKwargs which sets the task entity in the RequestData object and the other is access_checker.AccessChecker.isTaskInURLValid to check if the task in the url exitst or not.After acess_checker I have moved onto site menus for GCI.I was told that I can use the same site menus as that of GSoC for now.So I went ahead and have written a smiliar site menus for GCI which contains siteMenuContext to generate URL links for the hard-coded GCI site menu items and Header, MainMenu and Footer templates.I have then finally moved onto RequestHandler for GCI.The render method of the soc.views.base.RequestHandler is overridden to extend the context object with header, mainmenu and footer values which are rendered Templates for the current RequestData object.I have now started with the Task view.

No comments:

Post a Comment