Sunday, June 5, 2011

GCI 2011 GCI with New Architecture: Coding phase - Week 1

Hello all!

I'm sorry for the late post.This week has not been as expected, my internet was down for a couple of days and then my deadlines fell apart and I'm lagging a bit but I will try to cover it mostly by this next week.The patches that I have sent got reviewed and I re-sent the patches with the suggested changes.When moving the list generator from gsoc module to core I did not follow the import conventions and I was redirected to this wiki and I learnt from there.And I moved the common fields in GSoCProfile to soc.models.role.Profile to prevent code duplication.Also the grade property is added to the parent StudentInfo class as that contains the school_type and Finally I have modified the role_conversion script to convert GCIRoles and update references to GCITask and StudentRanking model.I was asked to move it to a seperate file in the GCI module rather than mixing up both in the same file, so I will do that now and after this I will finish up with RequestData so the from beginning of next week I can work with views.
In the mean time I have ordered Oreilly - Programming Google App Engine and started reading the book, it is a really nice book which is very helpful to understand App Engine better in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment