Thursday, May 19, 2011

GSoC 2011 Melange Testing Project : CBP

About one week is left for the start of the official coding period. I have been unable to concentrate much on my project as there were end-semester exams till 13th May and after that I was busy in packaging all the stuff as we have to empty our rooms before going for the summer vacations. I played with my ACM account and explored all the facilities that I could make use of. I found many good books related to programming in the Online Books section. It would have been great if there were more video tutorials available for the students from those which are available for professional members.
I had a meeting with my mentor Leo on 16th May and we discussed about the project and I have set coding plans for the first three weeks during the official coding period. I will start with the tests for soc.logic which require a basic knowledge of Django and GAE. Leo suggested reusing the old tests and making changes according to the new framework.
I have not much to write as I have not done anything significant. I have settled down now and seriously started working on the project today. My next post would be more concrete and specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment