Monday, June 28, 2010

Social Feature Project: Coding Week 5

This week saw a lot of delays and lost time for me. I got stuck with figuring out how to handle the images (profile picture) for the User Pages. I followed the direction given at here for uploading/resizing the images. Also, it took me a lot of time on this as I did not have an "image upload/resize" example already in the code-base to refer to. However, the upload does not seem to happen as I get a NotImageError. More on this on a mail to the dev list.

After that I integrated the Tags property for User Pages, so that users may search for other users based on user tags. After this, I made the remaining modifications based on comments given in the previous conference call. "Add Job" and "Add Education" required more effort as they had to be their own entities and would share a many:1 relationship with each User Page entity.

Last but not least, as the weekend approached I could not access any of the "appspot.com" web pages, especially my own instance. Hence, I was not able to upload and test my latest changes on the live instance. I tried to go through a proxy, but always got stuck after the "Google Account Login" as it would not redirect to Melange after login. However, this is fine now and I am able to access my instance successfully and will be uploading the latest to my instance soon and sending a mail to the dev list so that everyone can try creating their own user pages.

For this week, I will be working very hard to catch up with my schedule which says I should be working on Calendars feature already. I intend to wrap up User Page (minus images) by tonight so that I will get to start on Calendars from tomorrow(wednesday).

No comments:

Post a Comment