Wednesday, July 29, 2009

GSoC09: Statistics module 6th weekly report: idling, than back to work :)

It's been a while since my last post. The reason is that I had to travel to Italy (and then back to Dublin) for an University exam that unfortunately kept me busy more than I foreseen.

During those days, I was basically in sync with dev list posts and almost always idling and pingable in the irc channel. So, even if not so productive, at least I mantained constant communication with the community.

Apart from that, I've made a very very little commit for a style fix in Javascript and sent some patches (that Pawel is reviewing) to the mailing list, just to be sure that my first contact with Python side architecture is not totally clueless :P

I've started again to be up and running for a part of the last week, in which, basically, I've generalized a bit the code to produce a visualization in a widget, so now the visualization can be selected from a drop down menu. In this way, even if every widget is created as a Table, it can be switched later to a Pie Chart, a Geo Map or an Area Chart.

Apart from that, I coded (and still coding right now) the Javascript side to have the Organization Home Page map (with markers for students/mentors and their links) finally working... Lennie, expect the patch soonish :P

No comments:

Post a Comment