Monday, July 13, 2009

GSoC 2009: GHOP - Seventh Week Status update!

Hello everyone,
Last week has not been so very productive. Since last week was midterm evaluations week, I updated my demo instance and pushed some new patches my patch queue at bitbucket.

I started out this week with smoothing out some of the issues related to Students Task claim, like putting message headers about the status of the task among other things. The task page shows if the task is open/reopened to be claimed, claimed. If claimed by the student viewing the page it provides the functionality to withdraw from the task.

Other than this I have spent this week, mostly reading Task Queue API docs, existing Task API examples and code, trying out few small snippets outside Melange. Other than that I have mostly spent this week, fixing bugs (505s) that Lennie used to show in my demo instance while reviewing, repairing the Taggable-mixin patch to be integrated into Melange(have also sent the patches the dev list) and implementing small functionalities Lennie suggested on the dev list.

In the next week, I will be working on adding Task API code to automatically update the status and deadlines of the task and mentors/OrgAdmins side of Task management like, "Accept Student claim", "Reject Student Claim" and related things. If possible I will start working on the commenting infrastructure for Tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment