Monday, July 11, 2011

GSoC 2011 GUI Overhaul: Push the code and some tasks need to be done

Hi everyone,

Last week I've been working to fix my patches with Daniel. Today I've pushed it into repository. It took a time to convert my commits into chronological patch with Mq. When I sent my patches without Mq, I used the following command to output the patch :

hg export -r started_revision_of_admin_dashboard:tip > patch.diff

Meanwhile the upstream repo changes rapidly with Madhu's changes, so importing the patches that have different tip with my own tip may abort the import. Mq is totally helpful if you're working on many patches while there are rapidly changes in the upstream repo. All you need to do is push your patches into queue and refresh it while receiving feedback from review. And then do hg qfinish to convert the patch into permanent changeset. With the awesomeness of Mq and review/feedback from Daniel and Praveen I just pushed my code a couple hours ago.

The admin dashboard isn't finish yet, there are some functionalities need to be done for PA, such as statistic that Daniel has been working on. I also promised to create MapClusterer to display participant in a single map like the following one:


After finishing the MapClusterer and integrate the statistic module into admin dashboard, I'll working on uploadable org's logo with cropping feature. I've made silly app that prove how Image service from GAE was capable to implement this feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment